technoforum.de

Neuen Beitrag verfassen  Neue Umfrage  Antworten
Mein ProfilCenter login | register | Suche | FAQ | forum home | im
  älteres Thema   nächstes neues Thema
» technoforum.de   » News & Allgemeines: Techno & Medien   » where does holland stand in the international 'dancescene'

Autor Thema: where does holland stand in the international 'dancescene'
Jee

Usernummer # 4458

- verfasst      Profil von Jee     Eine neue privateMessage schreiben       Editiere/Lösche Post   Antwort mit Zitat 
ah, I hate that word, 'dancescene'...

But where do we stand? Is holland big? one of the leading nations in dancemusic? one of the tiny ones? just known for the liberal drugspolicy? home of famous dj's producers? just like our footballteam: not good enough (:schluchz ? land of great parties partypeople?

tell me! (bitte!)

Aus: Amstelveen | Registriert: Dec 2001  |  IP: [logged]
Freundelektronischermusik

Usernummer # 605

- verfasst      Profil von Freundelektronischermusik     Eine neue privateMessage schreiben       Editiere/Lösche Post   Antwort mit Zitat 
I never was in Holland tp join a party, but I´m a DJ and I have many records from dutch producers. I think, that the dutch are very good in producing Hardcore, Trance and Dance Tracks. When I say Dance Tracks, I mean stuff, that is produced for the charts like Klubbheads ore other bullshit.

But the I like the harcore and trnce stuff from Holland. And do you remember the years 1994-1996 - many famous Hardtrnace tracks came from Holland and Belgium...great stuff!

Aus: ge tanzt | Registriert: Jun 2000  |  IP: [logged]
MrFonktrain
beam me up!
Usernummer # 1460

- verfasst      Profil von MrFonktrain   Homepage     Eine neue privateMessage schreiben       Editiere/Lösche Post   Antwort mit Zitat 
holland house rulez!

Aus: Berlin | Registriert: Dec 2000  |  IP: [logged]

Usernummer # 605

- verfasst      Profil von Freundelektronischermusik     Eine neue privateMessage schreiben       Editiere/Lösche Post   Antwort mit Zitat 
When you say Holland House, I must think off stuff like Klubbheads. There was a time, when I like this music, but it´s not different enough. I think every track sounds like the other...

[ 12-12-2001: Beitrag editiert von: Freundelektronischermusik ]

Jee

Usernummer # 4458

- verfasst      Profil von Jee     Eine neue privateMessage schreiben       Editiere/Lösche Post   Antwort mit Zitat 
DANKE hehe for the reply!
yeah hardcore.... well, OUTSIDE hardcore? is holland a place one would like to go to visit for parties and stuff, like england (well, not SO big, but you know what I mean), or just another country where housemusic ahppes to be big?

Jee

Usernummer # 4458

and apologies for the klubbheads! no-one likes 'em here either!

Usernummer # 605

Well, Holland would be a place for me to be, if I wanted to go to a party outside Germany. But not for listening to House music - I would go to Holland for the famous Hardcore parties like Masters of Hardcore or Mystery Land.

And England is no favourite of mine - the dutch have the more beautyfull women...

[ 12-12-2001: Beitrag editiert von: Friendofdutchhardcore ]

[ 12-12-2001: Beitrag editiert von: Freundelektronischermusik ]

doppelgänger
urban tribesman
Usernummer # 452

- verfasst      Profil von doppelgänger   Homepage     Eine neue privateMessage schreiben       Editiere/Lösche Post   Antwort mit Zitat 
Holland is definitely the "trance nation" -
Tiesto and Armin Van Buuren have become
trademarks,household names in the trance genre,
although,at the moment,I miss the "spark of innovation"
that will lead to further development
in Dutch trance music (the way it's happening in the UK
with djs are producers like Seaman,Warren,Digweed etc.) -
there's currently
a stagnation as far as the sound goes,
I'm afraid...

Aus: Karlsruhe | Registriert: May 2000  |  IP: [logged]
Jee

Usernummer # 4458

Yeah, I was afraid of that holland was know as a trancenation... we've got high quality progtrance produvers like lemon8 and Remy (famous Salt Tank remix. Rings a bell?....), there are just too much cheesetranceproducers, like armin van buren yeah... Besides techno i'm a big fan of digweed, deep dish, sasha, to be short: the Global Underground-sound (GU19 Digweed LA: amazing!). sasha & darren emerson are playing here friday, sgonna be great!
and at techno Holland is probably a dwarf? speedy J is dutch! hehehe...

@ FEM: well, come to holland then: you're welcome! if you have no plans for the 31st of december: there's gonna be a big hardcore party in Amsterdam: Rebound. maybe something for you? www.rebound-events.nl and you're right about the women! hehehehe

[ 12-12-2001: Beitrag editiert von: Jee ]

Dom.Ruet
User
Usernummer # 2852

- verfasst      Profil von Dom.Ruet     Eine neue privateMessage schreiben       Editiere/Lösche Post   Antwort mit Zitat 
well speedy J is to my mind one of the best and most wicked producers!
He's always able to create something really new that is always best quality. And there is Miss Djax and DJ Missjah! They influenced the Scene right from the beginning. So these guys are not to underestimate! Earlier I also liked bonzai but now ...I still have a paper hier with a bonzai track that i've been searching for but didn't find yet.

Last year we were at the inner city party in Amsterdam. The best thing was the merry-go-round but I think this was not a typical dutch techno party - there were I think about 20 000ppl, so more like mayday (but we had tickets for free ?

Aus: Köln | Registriert: Jun 2001  |  IP: [logged]
Thommysoft
noch nicht registriert

- verfasst            Editiere/Lösche Post   Antwort mit Zitat 
quote:
Ursprünglich geschrieben von Dom.Ruet:
Earlier I also liked bonzai but now ...I still have a paper hier with a bonzai track that i've been searching for but didn't find yet.

Isn't Bonzai a Belgian label?? Or am I wrong?

IP: [logged]
Dom.Ruet
User
Usernummer # 2852

- verfasst      Profil von Dom.Ruet     Eine neue privateMessage schreiben       Editiere/Lösche Post   Antwort mit Zitat 
Oh that's right I guess
Jee

Usernummer # 4458

You're right 'bout Speedy J, ever saw him live? crazy! and Misjah, Misjah's Mankind#11 is absolutely fantastic! and to be hounest: innercity IS a typical dutch party. at least every month there's a party here with at least 15000 people... Sensation (40000 people), innercity (45000) Dance Valley (90000), Massive (25000), shockers (25000), Mystery Land ('bout 45000), FFWD dance parade (300000), Impulz (25000) just to name a few... not pure techno, but all of them got at least one hall/stage with techno dj's. I must say I prefer clubs and smaller parties, where you don't find every 10 meters a sponsormessage, that are less commercial-minded. but if i would've got free tickets, I would've gone too

and bonzai is belgian... name the track, maybe I can find it for you, a friend of mine has a recordshop

[ 13-12-2001: Beitrag editiert von: Jee ]

Dom.Ruet
User
Usernummer # 2852

This year at the Hafentunnel Rave there was Speedy J live!!! He was absolutley great! I've this also in MP3 and listen to it very often - I never get fed up with this!

At the Inner City it seemed to me as if there were lots of ppl who are not really into techno. We also wanted to go to Dance valley but then did not (no money).

the Bonzai record is BR95096 Tune Trance - Force E.P.

jason_ynx

Usernummer # 2636

- verfasst      Profil von jason_ynx     Eine neue privateMessage schreiben       Editiere/Lösche Post   Antwort mit Zitat 
When I think of Holland and electronic music (besides Gabba ) I think first of all of Speedy J, Steve Rachmad (wicked!) and Miss Djax of course!!! But otherwise, I have never really heard of roaring Dutch Parties, apart from an extremely nice flyer I've got at home from a party called Atlantis. Ever heard of it?
Aus: Mannheim | Registriert: May 2001  |  IP: [logged]

Usernummer # 605

Jee, yes, you´re right! I forgot Miss Djax, Misjah and Speedy J! Great people! They´ve done very much for the international techno sceene! So if you see, the dutch have done very much for the techno sceene and they are one of the leading techno countries.

Thanks for your hint for the 31.st of december but on this day I never go on public parties.

Please check your private message - you´ll recieve it over your profile.

MrFonktrain
beam me up!
Usernummer # 1460

- verfasst      Profil von MrFonktrain   Homepage     Eine neue privateMessage schreiben       Editiere/Lösche Post   Antwort mit Zitat 
holland house = Mac Zimms, Tim J, Olav Basoski...

faster and harder than the common italian/german disco house or frenchhouse

Usernummer # 605

Harder = not for gays? *g*
MrFonktrain
beam me up!
Usernummer # 1460

hehehe
ndark

Usernummer # 3037

- verfasst      Profil von ndark   Homepage     Eine neue privateMessage schreiben       Editiere/Lösche Post   Antwort mit Zitat 
don't forget about I-F and the other Viewlexx maniax. Is duplex records also from Holland? I just discovered this fine label.
Aus: ulmost | www.myspace.com/soundfreaks | Registriert: Jun 2001  |  IP: [logged]
CHoCi

Usernummer # 1630

- verfasst      Profil von CHoCi   Homepage     Eine neue privateMessage schreiben       Editiere/Lösche Post   Antwort mit Zitat 
I really like Holland !
The Club Scene is very nice, and the Holland Prog House Music is one of my Fav's !
Also the peoples there are very nice and friendly ! I'm often in Holland (Den Haag) in the Summer, and i will not miss it !

...btw: Holland has the prettiest girls that i ever saw...

Aus: Essen / Ruhrgebeat | Registriert: Dec 2000  |  IP: [logged]
Lame
Nörd
Usernummer # 692

- verfasst      Profil von Lame   Homepage     Eine neue privateMessage schreiben       Editiere/Lösche Post   Antwort mit Zitat 
When I grew into Techno the Benelux had a very strong impact and influence on the scene here, in fact, i was kinda proud to see a progressive musical movement not coming from the states or the uk (i wasn´t deep enough involved to have heard about UR, Trax or the Summer of love then

Labels like djax, r&s or wonka did definitely have a fair share of the growth of popularity and the attraction of the new scene back in those days. the x-trax guys should be mentioned as well, they´ve been putting the spice to the second acid wave in ´95/´96.

but if one looks at all these labels now, one have to commit that one doesn´t buy releases for trends or surprises any more, but more to fill up a reliable (yet boring?) backstock of techno. when djax was signing rush or young, they should´ve kicked them after the first ep, both guys maybe bold dj´s, but most of their records make me yawn. misjah is remixing his own backstock and even sells it to sissy british trance-labels, while r&s keeps its head above the water with licenses, though the need for licensing these days is a somewhat discussable policy...

i´d really be interested in some fresh and new techno tunes from these parts of the techno world, where did frank de wulf go? (did i say new fierce ruling diva? or cj bolland (oh, i forgot, some returned with new releases - though they should´ve stayed lost

Electro, on the other hand, is still produced on a very high level, i just know the dexter or viewlexx-stuff, but this still is kickin´ shit.

To sum it up, the benelux dance scene is more a entity in techo past for me today, it lacks some new and twisted blood...

Edits: spelling

[ 13-12-2001: Beitrag editiert von: Lame ]

Aus: Mainz, wie es fiept und kracht | Registriert: Jul 2000  |  IP: [logged]
aki77

Usernummer # 541

- verfasst      Profil von aki77   Homepage     Eine neue privateMessage schreiben       Editiere/Lösche Post   Antwort mit Zitat 
Holland in the electonic scene to me means: good trance & (very) good hardcore ... huge events, such as dance valley or innercity ... miss djax
Aus: Berlin | Registriert: Jun 2000  |  IP: [logged]
Hyp Nom
Morgen Wurde
Usernummer # 1941

- verfasst      Profil von Hyp Nom   Homepage     Eine neue privateMessage schreiben       Editiere/Lösche Post   Antwort mit Zitat 
there's a cool new dutch ambient/experimental label.. ready to take off soon.. www.databloem.com
(its debut compilation will feature one of my tracks )

Aus: Kiel | Registriert: Feb 2001  |  IP: [logged]
mdrysch
kickin' sofa
Usernummer # 4374

- verfasst      Profil von mdrysch   Homepage     Eine neue privateMessage schreiben       Editiere/Lösche Post   Antwort mit Zitat 
i've a friend releasing on a dutch label called ground zero. and he told me there's a big detroit-scene with cool clubby events!
check www.technotourist.org

[ 13-12-2001: Beitrag editiert von: mdrysch ]

Aus: Tübingen | Registriert: Nov 2001  |  IP: [logged]
DaCab
Usernummer # 1816

- verfasst      Profil von DaCab   Homepage     Eine neue privateMessage schreiben       Editiere/Lösche Post   Antwort mit Zitat 
I partied together with many dutch and belgique people at I LOVE TECHNO thid year. I really enjoyed it I'll come back to Innercity or Massive again.
I think most people know Hardcore, Trance and GOA from Holland but I know only very few Techno producers from there. DJAX.. and ... eh..

Like Netherlands!

Aus: Hamburg | Registriert: Jan 2001  |  IP: [logged]
D-D-D

Usernummer # 3812

- verfasst      Profil von D-D-D     Eine neue privateMessage schreiben       Editiere/Lösche Post   Antwort mit Zitat 
YEAH, HAKKE - and here comes the GABBA fraction!
It's non-compromising trash, many in this forum probably look down on it - but for me it one of the very unique branches of Techno I love. So I more or less associate the Netherlands with Rotterdam (apart from the well known of those names dropped above). Jee, where is Amstelveen? Hopefully not too close to Amsterdam *g*?

[ 13-12-2001: Beitrag editiert von: D-D-D ]

[ 13-12-2001: Beitrag editiert von: D-D-D ]

Aus: 30173 Hannover | Registriert: Sep 2001  |  IP: [logged]
Masonry

Usernummer # 3041

- verfasst      Profil von Masonry   Homepage     Eine neue privateMessage schreiben       Editiere/Lösche Post   Antwort mit Zitat 
Nehterland is Hardcore. I remember at Mental Lownoise and Mental Theo' (aren't they dutch?) The Bird. It's really awesome Hardcore and it pleases me. I heard of lemon8 and DJ Missjah when I had listened to Steve Mason's Experience-Show. Could you receive it in Netherland. And I remind at '96 much Holland stuff. They often uses wicked Toms. Really wicked!
And when I think of Holland I think of Football. But these memories aren't good. Werder Bremen lost against Eindhoven and Feyenord. And I remember at Reykard or so (a black player but not Guillid) who had a really bad behavior against Rudi Völler, when Germany had played against Holland (the best player in Germany and my favorite Bremen-Player). I think Reykard is the biggest asswhole i ever saw.

Aus: Berlin | Registriert: Jun 2001  |  IP: [logged]
D-D-D

Usernummer # 3812

- verfasst      Profil von D-D-D     Eine neue privateMessage schreiben       Editiere/Lösche Post   Antwort mit Zitat 
@Masonry

Lownoise/Theo - that sort of hardcore you are referring to was really fine. But I assume you know what they are producing now. THROW UP / ABKOTZ

I think they are Dutch, by the way; they seem to have some Dutch text fragments in their old songs. Jee should know.

Aus: 30173 Hannover | Registriert: Sep 2001  |  IP: [logged]
Masonry

Usernummer # 3041

- verfasst      Profil von Masonry   Homepage     Eine neue privateMessage schreiben       Editiere/Lösche Post   Antwort mit Zitat 
Now even Scooter is better then Lownoise/Theo. But don't they produce now some hardcorestuff anymore? Jee?
Aus: Berlin | Registriert: Jun 2001  |  IP: [logged]

Usernummer # 605

quote:
Ursprünglich geschrieben von Masonry:
I think Reykard is the biggest asswhole i ever saw.

Yes! Reijkaard suxxx!

Charly Lownoise & Mental Theo only produce mainstream dance stuff - their hardcore time is over...

electronicmusicsta

Usernummer # 3940

- verfasst      Profil von electronicmusicsta   Homepage     Eine neue privateMessage schreiben       Editiere/Lösche Post   Antwort mit Zitat 
Holland has three Names for me:

DJ Tiesto --> Genie
Miss Djax

and *arg* *kotz*
Beginns with B and ends with ZZ

Aus: Niederkassel | Registriert: Oct 2001  |  IP: [logged]

Neuen Beitrag verfassen  Neue Umfrage  Antworten Schliessen   Feature Topic   MoveTopic   Lösche dieses Thema älteres Thema   nächstes neues Thema
 - Druckversion
JumpTo:

Kontakt | technoforum.de | readme

(c) 1999/2ooo/y2k(+1/+2/+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+2010+2011+2012+2013+2014+2015+2016+2017+2018+2019+2020+2021+2022+2023+2024) technoforum.de | www.techno-forum.de
Das Forum für Techno | House | Minimal | Trance | Downbeats | DnB | Grime | Elektro | IDM | Elektronika | Schranz | MNML | Ambient | Gefrickel | Dub | 2Step | Breakcore | no Business Techno | Dubstep | Big Room Techno | Grime | Complextro | Mashups | mnml | Bootlegs | Chicago House | AI Music | Acid House | Detroit Techno | Chillstep | Arenastep | IDM | Glitch | Grime | Experimental | Noise | Fidgethouse | Ableton Live 12 | Melbourne Bounce | Minimal Trap | Sinee | sounds | EDM | Splice | Bandcamp Soundcloud | Download | Progressive Electro House |
Betreiberangaben & Impressum siehe readme.txt, geschenke an: chris mayr, anglerstr. 16, 80339 münchen / fon: o89 - 5oo 29 68-drei
E-Mail: webmaster ät diesedomain
similar sites: www.elektronisches-volk.de | Ex-Omenforum | techno.de | USB | united schranz board | technoboard.at | technobase | technobase.fm | technoguide | unitedsb.de | tekknoforum.de | toxic-family.de | restrealitaet restrealität | boiler room
Diese Seite benutzt Kuhkies und du erklärst dich damit bei Betreten und Benutzung dieser Seite damit einverstanden. Es werden keinerlei Auswertungen auf Basis ebendieser vorgenommen. Nur die Foren-Software setzt Kuhkies ausschließlich für die Speicherung von Nutzerdaten für den einfacheren Logon für registrierte Nutzer, es gibt keinerlei Kuhkies für Werbung und/oder Dritte. Wir geben niemals Daten an Dritte weiter und speichern lediglich die Daten, die du uns hier als Nutzer angegeben hast sowie deine IP-Adresse, d.h. wir sind vollkommen de es fau g o-genormt, nixdestotrotz ist das sowieso eine PRIVATE Seite und nix Gewerbliches.
unitedwestream - #stayathome - #WirBleibenZuhause - corona livestream - twitch - dj stream - #savegroovemag - #blackouttuesday